maanantai 20. kesäkuuta 2011

Free to live

(Ensin sanon suomeksi, että kirjoitin samasta aiheesta kuin alla suomenkielellä omassa blogissani oneoftherivers.blogspot.com, jos haluat käydä lukemassa. Linkki löytyy oikealta.)

It's hot here now. It said 36 Celsius today which is hot. But I have to say this heath is not as strong as it is in Finland. It feels way smoother here and probably because breeze is blowing from the Ocean and there is no humidity here. So even it is hot, it something which is not unbearable. And it feels good. Also it does cool down for the night, so for us this is actually great even without air-condition. We do have it, but not use it much.

Today I was thinking and comparing Americans and Finns. Not saying one is better and right and other worse and wrong. Just seeing things and it is good stuff. Culturally we are so different from each others in so many ways. Yet we both have much to learn from each others which just says that none of us has it perfect nor totally right. But if we are open we can always learn and grow in many things.

So what I was thinking today was this. I have seen this for a long time, but it has became more obvious to me while being here out from Finland. I feel we as Finns just lay back and let life just happen to us. Too many of us just watches how things happen for them. Most of Finns, well perhaps I should say many of Finns doesn't fight to get something in their lives. Too many observers and watches rather than participates and initiates. Many of Finns rather goes with the life as it has been defined by others than what is their own dream. That is very sad but I believe that is one thing which blocks creativity in so many Finns. Not in all of them and I pray more will come out.

I believe it's fear of failure which partly keeps us not moving out. We think too much what others think about us. That old joke about three guys, Swedish, Norwegian and Finn, going to Africa and facing Elephant is so true. What did those guys do? Swedish guy thought what could he do with Elephant's teeth. Norwegian guy was thinking what to do with the skin of Elephant. What did Finnish guy do? He stared at the Elephant and thought "What is it thinking about me?" Funny in the first place, but too real when you look reality.

I really believe it's time for us to come out from that little box and start to live. I can see Finns everywhere outside of Finland are not so much in that box anymore. So there is no excuses for us who live in Finland. It's stronghold over us which we need to overcome in our own lives. Nobody can do that for us. We need to choose to live.

Everyday here I put myself out there and I face a choice. Do I want to take shortcut and stay out from conversation or do I keep conversation going even there is a risk in one point I will misunderstand or they don't understand me. Is that really so serious? Or can I learn to laugh at myself and try again? Isn't it more fun to talk with people and laugh than be always in the silence and just smile? For me it is more fun to talk and laugh, to be a part and communicate.

You see, you are only one who really can make a decision. You are also only person who lives your life through. So do you rather stay in one place having all perfectly put together, or at least that is how it looks like, but also knowing you are not really living? Or would you think to open yourself and willing to do mistakes to start to really live? I want to live and I want all what God wants for me. I know God has put a lot of capacity into us as Finns as He has put into Americans and other people too. We just don't trust that and we always think we are less and don't have anything to say or nothing value to put out. That is big lie from the enemy and it's time to overcome that lie by the word of God.

I want what is mine. Do you want what is your? I hope so and I pray you do. I pray that you start to see this time has a value and it's running out. There is no more time to sit back and wait if suddenly God does things in you and for you without you taking any step, stand nor being initiative. It's time.

Tarja

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti