keskiviikko 15. kesäkuuta 2011

What a great day!!!

I have to admit I never knew there are so many Finns in California. And it seems that even among Americans knowledge of Finland is very good. I thought most of Finns in U.S lives either in Florida or in Minnesota. Well, being here I can understand why they finally made a way to California... I love it here. 

Today we went to get some things from the stores and went to the book store. When we were checking out I started to talk with the guy behind the desk. I love having American friends and how they have trained me --- just talk. So I talk with everybody everywhere and it feels so great. I hope I don't forget it when I get back to Finland.... Anyway back to the book store. We bought some maps and I said to him something about those. So he asked if we were from Germany ... I am just wondering are Germans so well known all over or what is it that they either place me to Germany or to Sweden ... no I am not a German neither Swedish. :) I told him we were from Finland. Then I was curious and asked if he knew where Finland was. He was a traveler so he told me Finland is one of those few nations in the North Europe he hasn't visited yet. And before we left he said "kiitos" with a very good accent. 
This is the car Reijo is driving here. Huge I would say...

Also Reijo went to take a walk first with Joel and later continued by himself. You know men .. he ended up to  a car store. Into the store of brand new cars. I am so proud of him. He doesn't care, so he walks in to the store. And of course as a good car seller normally does guy came to him in a minute. Guy asked if he could help Reijo and Reijo with his knowledge of English answered that he is just looking and he is fine. But because we are in U.S, not in Finland, guy didn't leave but kept talking. And without knowing stretched Reijo with English a lot. He ended up telling that we are from Finland and will spend whole summer here and we are living in this area and about kids and their ages and so much more. It may sound simple for you but I know my husband. So I am just so proud of him and he will do great after this summer with English, I am sure about it. 

We also had a great meeting tonight at the Rivers of Eden equipping center. When that message is online in Rivers of Eden webpage you need to go and listen it. It was again about Time and being in God's time, not our own. And when we walk in His time, not anytime is our time. I loved it!! 

We also met great people in the meeting and had a great talk with them. It is very inspiring to see what God is doing in our lives and how He uses people to encourage us. People whom we don't know but because it's by God there is connection at the moment we meet them. 

Well, it's time to go to sleep. San Francisco is calling us tomorrow. 

Tarja

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti