perjantai 1. heinäkuuta 2011

Different...


Different climate, different people, different language, different atmosphere, different environment....

So many things are different from what I've used to see... other things are better other things are not so good. I know this whole blog seems to compare Finnish and American people...well that's true... but when I compare Finns and Americans in this blog I don't do it the same way I used to do. I used to think that Americans were somehow better than us who live in Finland... I used to compare myself to them and think that they could do so much more just because they lived in USA, but that's a lie. Well maybe they have more opportunities and options to do things, but I have God! God doesn't think anyone is better than someone. He loves us equally no matter what we do.

Now that I'm here, I see that I miss Finland in a way... before we came here I couldn't wait to get out of Finland.. I was so bored and sick of having absolutely nothing in my life... yes only thing I did was go to school and stay home. I would complain about it to God and I'm sure He was as sick of me complaining as I was my life, maybe even more. I know Jesus is the way the truth and the life and because He is the life, the life is in Him and when He is in me the life is supposed to be in me too. I guess I'm just hiding from it... I have to stop hiding. I miss Finland, but I also love being here. Here are my friends, family and God (well He is with me all the time), what else do I need? 

I don't have to compare myself to other people, no matter where they are from or who they are. I can learn from their life, but I don't have to try to be anyone else. I can just keep my eyes open and see what God wants me to learn and hear where He wants me to go.

Jenna

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti